You don’t have to do a big pile of reading.
You don’t have to watch the markets like a hawk.
You can safely ignore any panic in the media.
Because you can just glance at the three charts below from Dimensional, and get a quick and simple overview of what’s been going on recently in the world of finance.
- The first chart shows market sector movements up and down from April to June compared to the average since 2001, plus the ‘best and worst’.
- The second is a 3-month review.
- And the third puts it all into context by showing the past 12 months.
We particularly like the last two charts, because they show the headlines behind the market performance. We hope you find them interesting too.
Please note that, while this is all fascinating stuff, it’s just background information. You certainly don’t have to take any action as a result.
All you have to do is relax in the confidence that Plan 100 is looking after your money by sticking to the plan, as always.
If you don’t mind us repeating ourselves, here’s a reiteration of our approach towards investing for the long term:
- Tracking daily market data is just a distraction
- Start with a strong philosophy that drives long-term return, and stick to it
- Diversify broadly, because it reduces issue-specific risk and increases consistent outcomes
Our gift to you = time
Now you know you don’t have to monitor your investments daily, whatever will you do with all that extra time we’ve saved you?!
a) Play a round of golf
b) Bake your own bread
c) Read a good book
d) Do some gardening
e) Something else
Please let us know, and we might share the results in a future article.